Posted 12/27/2013 1:37:07 AM
Ultimate Member

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: 5/20/2014 9:15:09 AM

Because there are no sub-forums for Mystic classes (just one class tbh), I'll just post something similar to a description of Battle Maiden (Maid) skills, and my comments on each skill. I tried my best to mention their properties the damage scaling in PvE and the damage reduction in PvP so you can do some number crunching on your own to figure out if its worth leveling or not.

Take note though, I just picked up this class recently, and I'm no Maid expert. This isn't intended to be a guide. I'm just sharing my thoughts from what I learned. I'm ready to read some comments or reviews on this. Also, skill build is just a matter of taste imho, so it's up to you.

On a side note, I'm calling Battle Maiden "Maid" for short because I can't call her BM (cuz BM = Blademaster), and I can't call her Mystic because Mystic is the base class. So, MAID!!!

Okay here we go.

Action skills

Heavy Swing: Stuns on hit, and it usually breaks guard. Has start-up iframe. It scales 20% per level in PvE. Has 35% PvP damage reduction.

Reserve Mode adds a second hit that knocks down the opponent, extending the iframe from the first hit upon RMB click.

Comment: I'm maxing this skill for both PvE and PvP, as it only costs 3 skill points per level, and it deals good damage in one hit. This skill is a good stun initiator. For PvE, it's preference. For PvP? Max it. No ifs or buts.

Tremor: Stuns on hit, breaks SSA. Scales 13% per level in PvE. Has 15% PvP damage reduction. Hits downed enemies.

Comment: Its stun duration is shorter than Heavy Swing's. Well, I usually use this skill right after Heavy Swing during a stun combo, and follow up with Full Charge Buster, which will be mentioned later. It only costs 3 SPs per level, so I'm maxing this as well. For PvE? Preference.

Vertical Smash: Lift and pick-up downed enemies, has SSA, breaks SSA. Scales 23% per level in PvE in total (I mean total damage if Vertical Smash hits twice.) and the first hit scales 17% per level. Has 16% PvP damage reduction.

Reserve Mode adds SA upon RMB click.

Comment: I left this skill at lvl 1. The start-up time is a bit too slow for me, and it usually only hits once, so I don't think it is worth it to max.

Gust Wind: Has SA during activation. The last hit stuns. This skill builds up booster gauge with every successful hit. Can be cancelled with Turn Swing. Every hit scales 3% per level in PvE, and 2% in PvP. The cooldown is also increased in PvP (15 secs to 22.5 secs). lvl 5 is required for Gust Wind Buster.

Comment: This skill is flashy, but the damage is mediocre, so I left it at lvl 5. I mostly use this skill in a combo to build up my booster gauge.

Heavy Toss: Mystic's ranged attack that hits twice in one toss. It has SA during activation and execution. This attack actually knocks down the opponent, pulls the opponent towards you, and it hits downed opponents too. If you feel fancy, you can use it in your combo. Scales 20% in total in PvE. Has 20% PvP Damage reduction. lvl 5 is required for Heaven's Hammer.

The Reserve Mode adds a second Heavy Toss.

Comment: Personally I don't think maxing this skill is worth it for PvP, as you have better options for damage. However, I'm maxing it because it is one of my few safe DPS options against OP mobs.

One thing tho: Heavy Toss will forcibly fix your camera angle into where you're tossing the hammer at, and you can't curve this skill with the Middle Mouse.

Round Blast: Has SA upon activation. The first hit is a knock-up, and the second hit shoots projectiles at point black range. I don't have this skill anymore, so...no clue.

Comment: I didn't pick up this skill, cuz I don't find myself using it as a Mystic.

Spin Crash: Has SSA. Builds up booster gauge with every successful hit. Every charge hit scales 6% per level in PvE, and the throw hit scales roughly 7%. Has 17% PvP damage reduction.

Reserve Mode adds SA during the execution by holding RMB.

Comment: I left this skill at level 1, as I don't use it very often. However, it can be used in a juggle combo. Does this skill break guard like the Berserker charge? Nope.

Double Swing: Has SSA. As the name suggests, it does two hits, and the second hit is a knock-back. Scales 28% per lvl in PvE in total. 25% PvP dmg reduction.

The Reserve Mode adds the third hit that stuns the opponent and cancels the second hit's lift properties.

Comment: I find this skill a little bit too risky, as I can't use anything to cancel it, leaving me wide open to attacks. For PvE, leave it at level 1 because it is too slow. For PvP, max it, because it can be used in a combo, the damage scaling is good.

Destroyer: Has SA during upon activation and lasts until recovery time if it doesn't hit. Has iframe after successful hit. Stuns on hit. Breaks SSA. All I know is, it scales rather poorly per lvl, and the activation time is too long. The first 4 hits stun, and the last hit knocks the opponent of their feet, but they can still evasive attack.

Comment: The good thing about this skills are the complete Super Armor, the occasional iframe after each successful hit, and the lvl 45 PvE add-on's damage. Also, every hit has good range. When I use this skill when I'm leveling, the Super Armor mobs can still wack me in the face while I'm hitting.

Explosive Impact: Increases your basic attack power and speed. Lvl 5 is the presequisite for Reserve Mode.

Comment: lvl 5 for Reserve Mode.

Booster Dash: Booster I has Iframe. Booster II has SA. Booster III has SA. And each of those two dashes consumes the 3 booster gauges. Every level increases the each dash's distance by 10%. This is your main mobility skill. The cooldown time is 3 secs in PvE, and 6 secs in PvP.

Comment: This is THE main Mobility skill of Maid. So maxing it is an obvious choice.

Rocket jump: Has iframe upon activation and execution. Scales 23% per level in PvE, and has 30% PvP damage reduction. And the cooldown in PvP is increased from 5 to 9 sec. 

Comment: This is my main escape skill, and one of my safer DPS moves, as I find myself using this a lot to extend the iframes from my previous skills and to use my Air Booster Dash to get away. This skill can also be used in juggle combos, when the opponent is in the air. So I'm maxing it personally. It's not recommended to max though, because there are better options for DPS.

Flying Upper cut: Lift and pick-up (of course it hits downed opponents). Has start-up iframe, and SA during execution. This skill actually hits twice: The Shoryuken pick-up, and then the slam. Breaks SSA, and the first hit can go through guard. Each hit scales 17% per level. Has 31% PvP damage reduction.

Comment: SHOOORYUKEN!! he best pick-up skill Maid has IMHO, and one of her better initiation skills due to its activation speed and damage. So I'm maxing this skill for both PvE and PvP.

Booster Charge: Increases Attack Power for 30 seconds. Every level increases the attack power by 1%. The cooldown is 2 mins.

Comment: Increases Attack Power? I will max this skill if I have SP.

Rocket strike: It does 3 hits, and every hit has lifting properties, but they don't hit downed enemies. Also, this skill can break guard. SA upon activation and execution in PvE, and SSA in PvP. Breaks SSA. Scales 46% per level in PvE. Has 31% PvP damage reduction. The cooldown is also increased from 12 sec to 14.4 sec in PvP. Lvl 3 is required for Rising Buster if I'm not mistaken.

Comment: I would like to max this skill if I have more SP. After all, this skill does very good damage, and it can be used in a combo. For both PvE and PvP, max it.

Booster Jump Attack: Has Super Armor during startup and Charge I. Has SSA during charge II and III. Breaks SSA. Charge I scales 10% percent per level. From charge II onwards it scales 33% per level. Has 40% PvP damage reduction, and the cooldown also goes up from 20 to 30 sec in PvP.

Comment: This skill looks so flashy it's awesome. Although the preparation speed is kinda slow, it can be used in a combo. I wouldn't max it for PvP because of its cooldown time and the SP cost, but it's up to you I guess. For PvE, max it.

Reserve Mode: This skill allows you to use any skills without consuming the booster gauge, and it increases hammer skills' activation speed and your damage resistance by 15%. However, this skill consumes 3 booster gauge per sec. Level 1 is the max lvl. It adds additional attacks to hammer skills that Mystic (I mean the basic Mystic) has with RMB.

Comment: Damage resistance increased and the ability to spam Buster skills without worrying about the Booster Gauge? Why not?

Heaven's Hammer: This is Maid's strongest ranged attack. This skill has brief iframe during preparation, then it summons a huge hammer falling from the sky to flatten the enemies from afar, and it causes the dizzy effect (the one that interrupts even SA) for two seconds. And it does MASSIVE DAMAGE in PvE. 60% PvP damage reduction. The Damage scales 51% per level in total.

Comment: I assume that this skill is too slow to actually hit the opponent in PvP, so it's not worth maxing. For PvE, however, maxing this is a must. Why? Because it can stun even Super Armored bosses, leaving them wide open so you can unleash your other high DPS moves on them.However, the attack range is not that far. Personally I think this skill is what enables the Maid to r4pe everyone in PvE, post-update or not. A pity you can only unlock it at level 50.

Ultimate Fury: Okay, why the fck would I mention her Ultimate Fury? Well, it's just something for PvE. Let me say this: Her Ultimate Fury transform her into Thor girl for 30 seconds. I mean, she basically just becomes invincible and attacks her enemies (just like Reaperess and Guardian.) The best part is, you have full control of her attacks. LMB for using Destroyer-like skill repeatedly, the RMB for using something similar to Booster Jump Atack charge 1. Also, LMB + RMB for explosions, and she can only do 3 of them.

So yup, her Ultimate Fury has good damage, good utility, and insane mobility. The downside is the cooldown (150 sec) and the automatic Booster Gauge reset.

Command skills:

Turn Swing: The LMB + A/D. Has Iframe during activation and execution. Scales 15% per level. Short cooldown (5 sec) and no PvP damage reduction.

Comment: The scaling and cooldown is actually decent for a single-hit skill, so I'm maxing it. But I think this skill is optional in general.

Tremor Combo: Add-on to Tremor if you hold LMB. The first hit stuns, and the second hit is a knock-down. Breaks SSA. Scales 14% per level in PvE. Has 20% PvP damage reduction. This skill hits downed enemies but it doesn't pick them up.

Comment: The scaling is pathetic, and when I have the Full Charge Buster I don't use this much anymore unless I really need to stall for time in a combo.

You can curve the skill with MMB (middle mouse button)

Attack Bounce Expertise: The description says "invincible for two secs" but it gives SA instead. This skill can be used during any skill you're using.

Comment: Is this skill bugged? Hello? I personally think this skill is useful for tanking Evasive Attack and Rising Attack if you suspect the opponent use evasives.

Falling Heel: You can jump from person to person twice with this skill. Has super armor during activation and execution. Scales 14% per level in PvE. 50% PvP damage reduction in PvP. The cooldown doubles in PvP (from 3 sec to 6 sec.)

Comment: Funny skill. I left it at lvl 1. This can be used to extend Maid's time staying in the air. Also, this skill can be used in a combo.

Heavy Down Spin: You becomes a living drill from the sky, drilling the ground with 6 hits. Can be used as a pick-up because it hits downed enemies as well. Also, every hit of this skill builds up the Booster Gauge. Has SSA. Scales 36% per level in total in PvP. Has 30% PvP damage reduction in PvP. 

The Reserve Mode adds SA and 8 more hits at maximum if you hold down LMB.

Comment: It's kinda hard to use this skill in a combo, so I left it at level 1. Also, I have better options for safe damage in PvE. But this skill has good damage if maxed, so I would recommend maxing it if you want to have higher DPS in PvE.

Booster Finisher: Has SA, tremendous knockback, and SSA-breaking properties if used with ground Booster Dash. The air version has no frames and doesn't break anything. The ground one's damage increases by 30% per level, and the air one's increases by 11% per hit per level. It has 33% damage reduction. 

Comment: I'm maxing it because of its damage. However, I just feel the recovery time after the ground Booster Finisher is a little bit too long. The air version has no frames but almost no recovery time.

Falling Gravity: MASSIVE DAMAGE. Super Armor during cast time, Iframe during activation and execution, no frames on recovery. With this skill you become a living bomb falling from the sky to hit the enemies with one hammer slam. You won't take fall damage at all if you use this to go downstairs. Scales 36% per level. Has 40% PvP damage reduction, and the cooldown goes from 15 secs to 18.8 secs.

Comment: This skill is AMAZING in PvE. Good AOE, Massive Damage, and also can be immediately linked into Rocket Jump > Air Booster Dash via commands for extending the iframe and escaping. Or, if I feel lucky, I can just use the Full Charge Buster for more massive damage. So, I'm maxing this skill. If you find yourself good at hitting people with this skill in PvP, max it.

Full Charge Buster: MASSIVE DAMAGE and short cooldown (6 sec.) It can be used as an add-on to Tremor, Tremor Combo, and Falling Gravity. Stuns on the first two hits, and the third is a knock-back. Breaks SSA. Increases 87% per level. Has 31% PvP damage reduction. Just like Tremor and Tremor combo, it hits downed opponents but doesn't pick them up.

Comment: This is my main DPS skill: Good AOE, Massive Damage, Stun, and SSA-breaking properties. I just do Full Charge Buster in a group of mobs and they all die except the Super ones. Maxing this is an obvious choice. However, I can't cancel out of this, so it often leaves me wide open.

This skill can be curved with MMB.

Chaser: Activates an additional Booster Dash with full SSA if the ground Booster Finiher hits its mark. 

Comment: lvl 1 is the max level. So I maxed it. Duh.

Gust Wind Buster: Add-on to Gust Wind. You can move during this skill. Can be canceled with Turn Swing. Every level increases the spin duration by 2 secs, and the damage by 6% per hit. This skill consumes the booster gauge by 15.

Comment: I leave this skill at level 1 because I prefer single hit skills. However, the scaling is good due to the additional spin duration. For PvE, Max it for high DPS. For PvP, it's up to you. It's perfectly combo-able.

Buster Kick: No frames upon activation (the dash), iframe during execution, and it does two hits. The damage increases by 34% per level in total. Has 31% PvP damage reduction. This also hits downed enemies.

Comment: This skills is frequently used in combos, especially right after Full Charge Buster and Double Swing - both knocks people away with their last hits - because of its fast dash and pick-up, as well as its short cooldown (5 sec). Also, the damage scaling is decent. So I'm maxing it. For PvE, optional. For PvP, max it.

Rising Buster: Very brief SA during recovery time. You do three swings in the air, and it does hit standing opponents and pick them up. The damage increases by 38% per level in total. Has 31.5% PvP damage reduction. Cooldown increased from 10 to 15 secs.

Comment: This skill can be used in a combo, and I think it looks sexy. I'm leaving it at level 1 for now. 

Rolling Smash: Lets you do a vertical Storm Wheel Wind (something like that). Has SA during activation and execution time. The damage per hit increases by 5% in total. Cooldown increased from 18 secs to 22.5 secs.

Comment: This skill is funny. It makes the Maid do those rapid vertical spins and bounce like a freaking rubber wheel, hitting the opponent many times. All hits have knock-down properties. The last hit is a slam, and the Maid can combo after this skill. I'm leaving this skill at level 1 for now. For PvE, Max it.

Air Booster Dash: Has brief start-up iframe, and also has Booster Dash II and III that consumes 3 Booster Gauges. Can be used after Flying Upper Cut, Rocket Jump, and Rocket Strike. Every SP increases each dash's distance by 10%.

Comment: Well, it's up to you to max this. If you want to priotize mobility over damage, then by all means. I'm leaving this at level 1. 

Unlimited Booster: The skill description says "activated by using Booster Mode." I assume it means "Reserve Mode." This skill decreases your skills' cooldown by 15%, and it increases your damage resistance further to 30%. lvl 1 is the max lvl.

Comment: It is basically an upgrade to Reserve Mode. It doubles the damage resistance that Reserve Mode has, making the Maid a very tanky loli for more than 30 sec with a maxed out booster gauge. Get it? Hell yes.

Passives:

Booster Gauge: The Maid automatically has this after Class Change. The description says "-1 Booster Gauge increased per 3 seconds." That "-1" is the source of my confusion regarding Reserve Mode and Unlimited Booster.

Full Buster Impact: MASSIVE DAMAGE. It adds spinning attacks after Destroyer, and you're in complete iframe during those spins that can be linked into other iframe skills. It is a must for PvE, especially grinding.

Force Mastery I: Increase 10% attack power and 10% Physical defense at max level.

Force Mastery II and III: Increases 1% Attack Power, 30 Physical and Magical Defense per level.

Booster Enhancement: Gives you a very low chance of reducing the opponent's attack power. At lvl 1 it reduces by 5%, and the chance for that is 1%.

Booster Mastery I and II: Each increases your attack speed and movement speed by 3% at max level.

Booster Master III: Increases 1% critical damage and 0.5% attack power per level.

Max HP & MP increase: Hurr durr. The Max MP increase is optional, but keep in mind that Maid has a rather low MP pool compared to other classes.

Critical Increase: 10% at max level. Completely unnecessary if you have crit gear, and I personally think most people can get close to the crit cap with just gear.

So what is my general impression of the class? This class is intended to be a PvP class..but for a PvP class this class is a bit on the "faceroll" side. I mean, there are so many spamable frames and insane DPS moves to overpower the opponent in a slugging match, as well as the best mobility skills in the game to avoid getting caught. She has quite a bit of commands, so I don't think the "skill lock" effect will weaken her much.

--------------------

C9 Epic movies playlist

Tags:
Post #1758582
Posted 12/27/2013 4:46:40 AM
Ultimate Member

Last Login: 7/5/2014 2:17:45 PM
Very nice guide, i will use it :)
Post #1760773
Posted 12/27/2013 7:16:17 AM
Paramount Member

Last Login: 7/23/2014 2:04:30 PM

One thing worth noting is which skills hit knocked-down enemies. Pretty obvious that Tremor does that, but probably less obvious that so does Vertical Smash, I believe, just for a few examples.

SoBroke (12/27/2013)
Full Buster Impact: The Maid automatically has this after Class Change. The description says "-1 Booster Gauge increased per 3 seconds." That "-1" is the source of my confusion regarding Reserve Mode and Unlimited Booster.

I think that's supposed to be an hyphen instead of a minus, but there's no space in between to make that clear.

Post #1762561
Posted 12/27/2013 11:40:53 AM
Ultimate Member

Tsuchiryu (12/27/2013)

One thing worth noting is which skills hit knocked-down enemies. Pretty obvious that Tremor does that, but probably less obvious that so does Vertical Smash, I believe, just for a few examples.

SoBroke (12/27/2013)
Full Buster Impact: The Maid automatically has this after Class Change. The description says "-1 Booster Gauge increased per 3 seconds." That "-1" is the source of my confusion regarding Reserve Mode and Unlimited Booster.

I think that's supposed to be an hyphen instead of a minus, but there's no space in between to make that clear.

Thanks. Updated.

So I guess I have to wait until I have enough SP for the Reserve Mode to find out what it does.

--------------------

C9 Epic movies playlist

Post #1765167
Posted 12/27/2013 5:57:16 PM
Ultimate Member

Last Login: 7/10/2014 1:12:21 AM

I think Reserve mode gives you 15% damage resistance - otherwise it wouldn't make any sense. It eats 4 booster gauge per sec (that's a lot) but your other skills don't eat booster gauge. Not sure about skill activation time - I didn't notice it.

Unlimited Booster makes Reserve Mode even better - 30% damage res, reduced cooldowns and decreased booster gauge cost. You DO WANT this skill for killing bosses and special mobs quickly. Not sure about pvp because getting booster points there is more tricky and this skill eats them really quickly.

Rocket Jump is not worth maxing. For PvE it's just a iframe/utility skill for Air Booster Dash (to get in the air) and Heavy Down Spin (this skill, when maxed, does a lot of damage to special mobs and bosses). For PvP - knock back ruins it so it stays as iframe/utility/escape skill. I don't think you'll be using this for dmg when you have perfectly comboable Flying Uppercut.

As for Atk Power debuff - it's an option for pvp when maxed (at 65lv) but it's always better not to get hit.

Heavy Down Spin is a nice skill to consider - you can end every air combo with it.

Post #1768894
Posted 12/27/2013 6:40:27 PM
Ultimate Member

FatigueGalaxy (12/27/2013)

I think Reserve mode gives you 15% damage resistance - otherwise it wouldn't make any sense. It eats 4 booster gauge per sec (that's a lot) but your other skills don't eat booster gauge. Not sure about skill activation time - I didn't notice it.

Unlimited Booster makes Reserve Mode even better - 30% damage res, reduced cooldowns and decreased booster gauge cost. You DO WANT this skill for killing bosses and special mobs quickly. Not sure about pvp because getting booster points there is more tricky and this skill eats them really quickly.

Rocket Jump is not worth maxing. For PvE it's just a iframe/utility skill for Air Booster Dash (to get in the air) and Heavy Down Spin (this skill, when maxed, does a lot of damage to special mobs and bosses). For PvP - knock back ruins it so it stays as iframe/utility/escape skill. I don't think you'll be using this for dmg when you have perfectly comboable Flying Uppercut.

As for Atk Power debuff - it's an option for pvp when maxed (at 65lv) but it's always better not to get hit.

Heavy Down Spin is a nice skill to consider - you can end every air combo with it.

I certainly hope those two skills do increase the Damage Resistance, because it would be awesome. And you're right about Heavy Down Spin. Also, Heavy Down Spin does build up the Booster Gauge with every hit.

About Rocket Jump, when fighting multiple Super Mobs at once, especially the Super Armor ones that can still wack me when I'm in middle of my Destroyer, I only have a few safe options to damage them without getting hit, and Falling Gravity > Rocket Jump is one of them. So I'm just thinking about the extra damage putting into Rocket Jump.

But Flying Uppercut. I just noticed that the first hit goes through guard.

--------------------

C9 Epic movies playlist

Post #1769319
Posted 12/28/2013 3:15:14 AM
Ultimate Member

Konoko (12/28/2013)

Calling most damaging skill mediocre and noone pointing to it before me, show how few you ppl know about this broken class.

Can you point out what skill it is? Gust Wind? If it is about GW then I think the real damage comes from Gust Wind Buster imho. I'm leaving it at the minimal level for now, but other can max it.

This class just came out. So at this point, I assume that there haven't any experts yet. 

--------------------

C9 Epic movies playlist

Post #1775017
Posted 12/28/2013 11:36:57 AM
Ultimate Member

Last Login: 1/11/2014 4:59:45 PM
Since u tried that class could tellme whether its good at pve? especially Pve?and also how about pvp? since u have much knowledge about the class and can u mention pros and cons 
Post #1780179
Posted 12/28/2013 12:49:49 PM
US Volunteer

Group: C9 Volunteer
Last Login: 3/4/2014 6:47:04 PM

If someone gave me a lvl 63 half-loli I'd like to look at it's mechanics xD

Don't have time for dat lvl'n though ):

Post #1781008
Posted 12/28/2013 1:07:21 PM

Last Login: 1/15/2014 7:44:45 AM
">