C9 playable with a Controller?

Posted 6/4/2012 8:32:50 AM

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: 8/31/2012 9:33:32 AM

I would like to know if it's possible to use a xbox 360 controller in this game. I've searched Google for a while but never found the exact answer. I'm fairly new at playing games with a controller, but since my computer has broken I'm having trouble with the mouse/keyboard on my laptop and doesn't feel like the actual gaming experience that I used to have. 

I've played some VIP Beta at my friend's house and it was awesome! but unfortunately I hate it to play on my tiny laptop, so a friend of mine suggested me to play it with a controller.

So my question is: Is it possible and playable to play C9 with a xBox 360 controller? Does anyonone have any experiences at playing action games/C9/(Vindictus/Dragon Nest/etc) with a controller? Some feedback is highly appreciated.

And the reason why I choose a xbox 360 wireless controller is to save money as much as possible (to spend it in the cash shop:P) I'm aware that I have to buy a xBox 360 wireless Gaming Receiver for Windows but that's not a problem for me. But the lack of buttons on a xbox 360 controller bothers me, because a xbox 360 has like 14-15 buttons to set while C9 requires more keys to set up the skills and attacks etc. Is it possible, for example, to use R + A as a key?

Yours sincerely,

A Newbie ^^

Tags:
Post #254067
Posted 6/4/2012 8:36:31 AM
Paramount Member

Last Login: 8/19/2012 8:37:40 PM
Ehhh playing c9 with a controller sound really weird (A lot of spells and move skills) but theres a lot of emulator for a Xbox360 controller to use like a normal joystick. So I THINK YOU CAN.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My chars:

ElMuchacho:Warrior

Trollestia: Elementalist Shade

TiaraWhy: Slayer

Post #254070
Posted 6/4/2012 11:41:03 PM
Legendary Member

Last Login: 8/4/2012 2:00:56 AM
It is playable but since there is very strict antihack system implented it will be hard to use any external 3rd party tools. HM..

C9Fans.com is the place where every real C9 fan goes!

Skill Simulator | Skill Lists | Big Community| Guides | Maps | C9Shop | C9 WIKI

And much more .... Join us!

Post #255190
Posted 6/5/2012 1:34:38 AM
Legendary Member

Last Login: 1/21/2014 7:02:17 AM

There is a option for joypads in C9.

But you need a realy big controler to use all the functions you have when you use mouse+keyboard.
If you exclude the buttons for camera contole and movement, you still need 26 keys (18 Hotkeys, 1 for block, 1 for Grab, 1 for Picup, 1 for Kick, 1 for Dodge, 1 for Jump, 1 for first weapon attack and 1 for second weapon attack).

My Chars
Post #255321
Posted 6/5/2012 2:41:12 AM
Paramount Member

Last Login: 8/5/2012 6:14:27 PM
Yes, you can play C9 with cantroller but with so many skills it is hard to put all skill in it . 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ PM me if you have any question I will try to answer it Tongue Out ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Post #255420
Posted 6/5/2012 7:54:55 AM
Ultimate Member

Last Login: 8/5/2014 2:28:49 PM
I can't say from experience myself but my brother plays C9 with a 360 controller. He was still extremely good at pvp and mopped the floor with mobs/bosses in dungeons. Using a program called "JoytoKey" apparently helps immensly to have alot of combos/key control on the pad. I personally love using game controllers I just don't really have a good one, but may go for it in OBT. Hope that helped. :P

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning." - Rick Cook

Nephis` Controller Guide
Revamped Enhancement Guide

Post #255975
Posted 6/5/2012 12:09:04 PM
Legendary Member

Last Login: 8/4/2012 2:00:56 AM

videogameotaku (6/5/2012)
I can't say from experience myself but my brother plays C9 with a 360 controller. He was still extremely good at pvp and mopped the floor with mobs/bosses in dungeons. Using a program called "JoytoKey" apparently helps immensly to have alot of combos/key control on the pad. I personally love using game controllers I just don't really have a good one, but may go for it in OBT. Hope that helped. :P

Could you and your bro write some guide how to setup the joypad for C9? We would liek to offer it to our members on C9fans ... :) Could be very interested for many ppl :)

C9Fans.com is the place where every real C9 fan goes!

Skill Simulator | Skill Lists | Big Community| Guides | Maps | C9Shop | C9 WIKI

And much more .... Join us!

Post #256427
Posted 6/5/2012 2:38:05 PM
Ultimate Member

Last Login: 8/5/2014 2:28:49 PM
PacoCro (6/5/2012)

videogameotaku (6/5/2012)

Could you and your bro write some guide how to setup the joypad for C9? We would liek to offer it to our members on C9fans ... :) Could be very interested for many ppl :)

Can do. :)

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning." - Rick Cook

Nephis` Controller Guide
Revamped Enhancement Guide

Post #256657
Posted 6/5/2012 3:36:09 PM
Ultimate Member

Last Login: 10/18/2012 10:25:17 AM

Hm, 1st post. I usually just read'em. Suppose it's about time I contribute. I'm the brother of the one posted above.

I'll start getting a guide together for a 360 controller. Spent most of CBT doing test and the 360 works perfect for the game after some tweaking. Requires a 3rd party program as well, -it's free- and no install required. Been using it for 6 yrs now and use it for every game I play on the PC that can be played with a controller. "JoytoKey" as previously mentioned above is the name. I'll see if i can get the original link posted for DL. It's bout half a meg lol. If its down, i'll zip it an put it up myself. Give me a little time for the guide, cause i will have to make one for the program itself. It is very small an simple for the most part, tho can become complex in some options. Like anything, once you get it, its simple.

So give me a little bit of time an i'll post it up with a guide for it along with c9. In my opion, its well worth the time an  makes the game more fun and easier to play for those looking to use a 360 cont. As my sis mentioned, as i showed her, i was still able to play the game with ease.

Cheers! Cool

internet speed

Tags:
Post #256737
Posted 7/5/2012 2:35:41 AM

Last Login: 7/18/2012 10:27:46 AM

Sorry to necro a month old thread, but I was looking up ways to connect my 360 controller for c9 as well. I don't suppose yall have finished the guide to set it up by chance?  Just waiting on the wireless receiver to come in for now. 

Thanks.

Tags:
Post #319927

Reading This Topic

Your Time Global Server Time