Elemental weakness of monsters

Posted 7/2/2012 7:10:28 PM
Legendary Member

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: 6/16/2014 2:40:48 PM

I'd like to know what element to use against certain monsters, specifically runnersville, I've tried searching but to no avail, I haven't found anything.

I presume it is fire, being they seem to be ice based monsters, but I'm not sure.

Also if someone has a guide for other monsters element and weaknessess I'd be grateful to have it, it could be of use to my alts and other people.

Post #313633
Posted 7/2/2012 7:35:46 PM
Ultimate Member

Last Login: 9/19/2012 2:42:32 AM

The Elemental Quartet is as follows:
Air>Earth
Earth>Water
Water>Fire
Fire>Air

Just for the kicks; holding tab (non master difficulties) will show further mob info: Species, for instance.

There's aslo a color'd shield right next to it, but I have no idea how to read it. Presumable elemental resistance, but still don't know how to interpret it

Post #313658
Posted 7/2/2012 7:41:42 PM
Legendary Member

Last Login: 6/16/2014 2:40:48 PM

Thank you, that's really good info.

Do you, by any chance, remember the element runnersville monsters belong to? I'm 41 at the moment, just wanting to do some future planning on it.

Post #313665
Posted 7/2/2012 8:47:19 PM

Last Login: 7/21/2012 10:40:57 PM

monster at 3rd conteinent are all water based . weak to earth

pay attention to what npc guard says when you go to new conteinent . they give you all new tips for monster in this area . yes npc do help !

===========================================================

want to learn more about game? want to play like pro in pvp?

want to fast lvl like pros? want to watch real pro''s pvp?

look no more . Tweh have the answer .

Check hes stream on : http://www.twitch.tv/twehbie

hes youtube channel : http://www.youtube.com/user/Twehbie

hes combo corner and AMA : http://forums.webzen.com/Topic266745.aspx

Post #313732
Posted 7/2/2012 10:27:25 PM
Ultimate Member

Last Login: 12/26/2013 5:09:53 AM
Samukazi (7/2/2012)

pay attention to what npc guard says when you go to new conteinent . they give you all new tips for monster in this area . yes npc do help !

I got 15% earth attack. Did some testing. But I dont get any bonus damage. So either its bugged or it doesnt work. Yes, I check with TAB to see if they are water.....

Gurby- Freeze, bitch!

Post #313837
Posted 7/3/2012 2:55:58 AM
Paramount Member

Last Login: 12/16/2012 10:50:35 PM
ProBro (7/2/2012)
Samukazi (7/2/2012)

I got 15% earth attack. Did some testing. But I dont get any bonus damage. So either its bugged or it doesnt work. Yes, I check with TAB to see if they are water.....

Do u have any other element in ur wep beside earth? IF U DO u get 0 bonus dmg from it.

Also i heared it works like when u have that earth dmg in ur wep, u get 50% dmg boost against ice mobs. But u cant use other elements as the effect will nullyfy

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Warrior lv 50 EU

King of Rumble WWF Beast

Reaper lv 57

Deathdealer

Post #314152
Posted 7/3/2012 3:01:09 AM
Ultimate Member

Last Login: 2/8/2014 8:59:36 PM

Your primary weapon has to have the element for the additional elemental damage to work:

You need to enchant your sword/dagger/bow etc with topazes to change your attacks' element to earth, thus giving the 15% earth damage in addition to the 50% damage from earth > water. If your primary weapon isn't enchanted with an element, your attacks will be no element, making the 15% earth attack useless.

Post #314163
Posted 7/30/2012 5:12:16 AM
Ultimate Member

Last Login: 12/26/2013 5:09:53 AM

This still confuses me! When I press TAB button in 3rd continent MOST mobs show a green square shield. I thought green stood for wind element. A few mobs also have blue shield, which stands for water. Still many claim ever mob in 3rd continent is water element and you need earth to counter it.

What element should I get now? Earth or Fire? I'm talking about fighter class which has no element based skills.

Gurby- Freeze, bitch!

Post #378734
Posted 7/30/2012 6:49:28 AM

Last Login: 8/23/2012 9:22:46 AM

ProBro (7/30/2012)

This still confuses me! When I press TAB button in 3rd continent MOST mobs show a green square shield. I thought green stood for wind element. A few mobs also have blue shield, which stands for water. Still many claim ever mob in 3rd continent is water element and you need earth to counter it.

What element should I get now? Earth or Fire? I'm talking about fighter class which has no element based skills.

Green is for Water Element, Blue is for Air Element, this is how C9 relates them, you can confirm this by the looks of the Elemental enhance stones which also have this pattern.

C9 global [EU]Rahkdan -> lvl 50 Blood Thief(Berserker) --> HerpDerp

C9 global [EU]Rahkdan -> lvl 50 Amphitrite(Warden) --> DerpHerp

Guild -->CrimsonDawn
Post #378928
Posted 7/30/2012 7:23:54 AM

Last Login: 8/23/2012 9:22:46 AM

Just because in 3rd continent monsters are water element, getting earth element wont always increase your damage, that isnt that simple.

Getting more element of certain type can only increase directly the damage of your skills that deal that type of element damage. (For example most skills from Warden are water element damage, in this case getting more water element increases directly the damage of its skills)

The way to increase damage that people are talking here is the indirect way, using this 3rd continent example, monsters there are water element which means they are weak to earth element, if you get more earth element it can change the physical damage(which didnt have element) to earth element damage by the percentage of earth element you have, then this can increase your damage to water element monster indirectly since your physical damage become more effective to their defenses by being transformed into earth damage. But this way only works for physical damage, magical skills that didnt have element wont change element.

This being said, for Warden class for example you should always choose to get water element since thats the element of most wardens skills and because warden doesnt do physical damage so getting earth element in 3rd continent doesnt help.

C9 global [EU]Rahkdan -> lvl 50 Blood Thief(Berserker) --> HerpDerp

C9 global [EU]Rahkdan -> lvl 50 Amphitrite(Warden) --> DerpHerp

Guild -->CrimsonDawn
Post #378998

Reading This Topic

Your Time Global Server Time