Posted 7/25/2012 5:37:47 AM

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: 7/28/2012 4:41:17 PM
Rakter (7/25/2012)

Guys why u dont make own build?

I also don't like ppl who want to mindlessly copy build of someone else, but ghostx asked only for some help in creating his own. It's hard to create own build when you are new to a game. In every game there are some skills that are just too good not to include them, some that are bugged/broken/waste of time, some that works great early, but become obsolete in the end game and so on. Its impossible to know that things when you are a new player, thats why some in depth skill analysis is very helpful in creating your own idividual build. Not every one can spend money on reset skill scrolls just to experiment with build. I also am new to this game and cant find any reliable information on hunter/shadow skills that i could use to create my own build.

(VL)Exodo thanks for tip on Critical Passive, i was just about to put some points in it, but now i will leave it at lvl 0, at least for now.

Post #368432
Posted 7/25/2012 7:12:28 AM
Paramount Member

Last Login: 3/5/2014 5:10:48 PM
RlyMad (7/25/2012)

For a PvP build only, MP increases are not worth it at all. Though making a PvP-only build is a very bad idea, and it will make the game harder for you. Using a hybrid PvP/PvE build you can not only own in PvP but also do hell mode and survival for good drops, and that is going to make your life much easier, imo.

I totally agree with you, because in PvE, the MP increase is really helpful and you only think practically on HP.

So I think I should keep it, because I'm just researching to make another build, by now, its only testing because resets are overpriced!!!

@Rakter:

Many of us are looking for a good own build, I think thats one of the main purposes on this game, the problem is that some skill review is very welcome here, since we don't have Skill video on many skills and commands, also the descriptions doesn't help so much, so the only thing we can do, is to share the experience with skills and builds, just to be a bit more helpful, good thing, there are a lot of players that likes to do that.

Revolvers - Lv 65 - Gear Executor
Server US

No longer part of Webzen team, the username is a bug brought from SUN forum.

Edited: 7/25/2012 7:19:01 AM by (VL)Exodo
Post #368619
Posted 7/25/2012 7:48:22 AM

Last Login: 8/7/2012 6:21:35 PM
hi im trying to build my shadow towards pvp/pve and i got a question, does dual daggers expertise apply in pvp? also, what skills are not applied or weaker in pvp so i kno not to invest too many points in it? thanks in advance
Post #368690
Posted 7/25/2012 9:31:53 AM
Ultimate Member

Last Login: 8/19/2012 8:37:40 PM

RlyMad (7/25/2012)

For a PvP build only, MP increases are not worth it at all. Though making a PvP-only build is a very bad idea, and it will make the game harder for you. Using a hybrid PvP/PvE build you can not only own in PvP but also do hell mode and survival for good drops, and that is going to make your life much easier, imo.

That is not true... The PvE right now is the most EZ-mode thing in the game exep the Hell mode and is hard to think you are going to use only 1 char in the game, so is better to have you pvp char in on side and make another PvE char to farm and get the rare items ( Pick one : BM, Illusionist, Elementalist, Ranger, Scout).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My chars:

ElMuchacho:Warrior

Trollestia: Elementalist Shade

TiaraWhy: Slayer

Post #368853
Posted 7/26/2012 4:59:50 AM
Paramount Member

OMGitsSAM (7/25/2012)
hi im trying to build my shadow towards pvp/pve and i got a question, does dual daggers expertise apply in pvp? also, what skills are not applied or weaker in pvp so i kno not to invest too many points in it? thanks in advance

As far as I know, dagger expertise affects basic attacks in PvE... I've read this on these forums, really haven't tested yet, because I'm just focusing on get 50 and begin to test after it, if someone can say something about this, is very welcome

Server US

Post #370286
Posted 7/26/2012 10:05:34 PM

Last Login: 8/14/2012 9:50:20 PM

Hi, i'm currently running my own tests on the shadow skills since there are no vidhelp ingame. lvl35 now and only afew unknown active skills to go. =)

i would suggest passives wise, to try and max the masteries, whilst keeping HP/MP at levels of your own discretion since your playskills might be too good to require additional HP. As for the crit, i'd suggest keeping it at zero until u get all your equipments + whether or not you're going to level the crit buff.

if u think u need that BIT more crit that the passive gives after u have settled the above requirements then go ahead. many don't advise it but hey it's your char. =)

i'll try to add more info on command and active skills once the maint is over since i can't rmb most of them. =)

oh and regarding th dual daggers expertise, i see no harm in maxing it since if u leave it at zero, u're basically doing 80% dmg only. Yes it's not tested if it's taken into account in PVP but u still need to PVE to get to higher levels no? the difference between doing 80% and doing 100% of your full dmg in PVE is worth the pts invested even if in the end it only affects PVP at a diminished percentage or none at all.

Edited: 7/26/2012 10:10:26 PM by crimtide
Post #372072
Posted 7/27/2012 4:46:56 AM
Paramount Member

I was trying to build up the basic stats of a Shadow, and its possible to get more than 50% critical chance with buff of course, AND reach 120 attack speed for comboing.

I was testing PvP yesterday, and happened what usually happens when you are beggining to PvP, you lose but you improve your skills, and I've found that if you have a shadow, you have to think fast, because Shadow decoy is amazing when its well-timed. My problem now is a matter of practice to mantain a long combo, because the damage, in 4 or 5 skills, you hit really hard not to mention the bleeding effect or the poison one.

Now I have a few questions:

Envenom worths to be maxed?

I don't remember the grab you use when Shadow dash is casted, those two skills are worthy, or shadow dash is more than an evasive move (because if you lag, you are fked up with this skill)

Is Vital Thrust worthy to be maxed in matter of DPS?

Is the Bleeding and Poison effect the same in PvP/PvE or effect changes by defense or level?

I'd like to know from experienced PvP shadows

Server US

Post #372552
Posted 7/28/2012 10:04:12 AM

Last Login: 3/21/2013 7:41:01 PM
I found this skill guide but it is Japanese.... you can use Google translation to get the idea of what to Master or not for PvE and PvP...

Here is the link:

http://nyaaharuki.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-87.html

Here is the same guy who wrote it playing PvE:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QP6cSjCAjDg&list=UUDsZgTmPIhtZL49A8Lugq5g&index=6&feature=plcp

Tags:
Post #375152

Reading This Topic

Your Time Global Server Time