Posted 9/13/2012 8:41:01 PM

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: 10/24/2012 9:59:06 PM

Hello,

Is there any good reaperess skill build for both PVE/PVP out there? I've tried searching on Google and couldn't find any. If there are any pro-reaper out there who could show me their build, I would be indefinitely grateful :)

Thanks

Post #482446
Posted 9/14/2012 3:07:30 PM
Supreme Member

Last Login: 7/25/2013 3:57:51 PM

http://my.mmosite.com/858229/blog/item/c9_shamanreaperess_incredibly_fast_death_comes_quickly.html

What's the Reaperess got to offer?

Speed - The Reaperess main aspect is speed. The Reaperess attacks damned fast with a skill like Death Vortex granting a whopping bonus 70% attack speed to Spin Smash. Additionally it also adds an extra 4 strikes to the Spin Smash technique and only goes faster as it levels. It's practically a machine gun. Other attacks run pretty fast as demo'ed in the video compared to my Berserker game play one.

Bleeding - Every attack the Reaperess has a chance to inflict Bleeding. A damage over time debuff to the afflicted target. Every attack has a chance. Your skills have a 100% chance to inflict it upon activation and landing the hit. This seems to be a rather famous trait with the Reaperess almost every skill offers bleeding and some removing physical defense or movespeed, but mainly the skills help to amp up damage, I find the Bleeding attribute as just an extra poke higher where the Physical Defense Lowered skills more useful but they seem rather slow compared to the Bleeding causing ones.

Movement Speed - While I know some might argue the Blademaster moves pretty retardedly fast, I have to say the Reaperess runs even faster. With skills increasing your movement by m units for a duration and a passive that further increases your movement speed by a percentage you'll pretty much be traveling your maps at superhero running speeds.

Vicious Strikes - While this one is fairly subjective I find that most of the attacks and abilities look pretty vicious and sick. I especially love it when using Bone Shatter or Grim Crash where my character repeatedly strikes at the target that's standing... or on the floor. They look like they're going postal on something you knocked down and repeatedly destroying it.

What are the flaws the Reaperess has?

Defensive Capabilities - I noticed upon job change and getting hit my Evasive Dash got worse. It used to be a teleportation on activation when being hit and moved me quite a distance away. I have an Illusionist as well but they have like 3 teleport-blink-like skills that grant me a lot of evasion and confusion for enemy PvP which I found extremely useful. The Reaperess is more of a dash in and scrape your enemy to death quickly rather than work in an attrition battle, but taking a hit just wrecks everything as you can see in the video. One hit becomes a juggle then you suffer a mass amount of hits after. Or maybe I just ***** haha. I have to rely on Rushing Bite's fractional second of 100% evasion or the Shift command to dodge roll. Apart from that there isn't much else for defense. I use pole vault which is kinda fun.

Heavy Hitting Power - The Reaperess doesn't have much heavy hitting power in my opinion. I know you can probably ramp it up really high but my Berserker at level 43 has no problem hitting 20k in strikes but my Reaperess level 48 has trouble just trying to reach 10k. I know you can ramp up those values extremely high in PvE with % boosts from armor and slayer spellstones and various other buffs but this is without any of those since I'm not hardcore-mass farming-maximizing everything. This is just like your average playing. But don't get me wrong though the Reaperess makes up by DPS, Damage per Second, You do a LOT in a short amount of time and critical hits help that even more.

While you won't be one-three shotting things like a Berserker or shotgunning enemies with Illusion weapons as an Illusionist, the Reaperess takes it out by small scrapes to an enemy large enough to cause a deep wound deep enough to chop it into pieces and disintegrate before your scythe can even finish swinging for the 1000th time in 10 seconds. (Okay maybe not that fast but still...)

Post #483911
Posted 9/14/2012 3:10:56 PM
Supreme Member

Are you going to rate this class?

I'm going to write this as an impression since this is my experience and perception of this update. I find it hard to give a number rating to a class since most of the classes in C9 are rather balanced; in the sense that all of them are OP and functionality and style depends on the player. I found most of it very positive and based on how many people were waiting for this class and the continent updates it was pretty large in terms of anticipation. I barely have any time to play though and only had a few hours to make all this for readers/gamers to enjoy seeing or absolutely despise reading this who knows I hope I didn't offend anyone or be misinformed about what I wrote... if I did sorrY!

TL;DR

Hype levels:  Non-existant, Weak, Average,Strong, Overwhelming; Fulfilled/Letdown

Rating levels: Crashbomb bad, Poor, Same old, Good, Excellent, Impressive

Impression - Impressive levels. Intense.

Hype: Strong; Fulfilled.

Reasons: The reaperess was the greatest anticipation for this patch and it's hype was the main attraction. I can't wait for the other classes to be released and see how they are; Bullet Shooter, Blade Dancer and others that I don't know about. 

Signs of Fail: I don't know not enough experience to see any kind of trend. Seems like a good implementation so far and only brings expectation of more to come.

Top hook for KradisZ: "Holy **** I'm swinging that scythe like a piece of plywood."

End comments: The game's free and this update is good. The new content and new class add a welcome boon to the game increasing difficulty levels and harder high-end material. With steam support coming it should only get better. There are less gold spammers on the global/trade chat which is awesome it's nearly non-existant. They're all stuck in Waterford by the skill trainers spamming in normal chat instead. The higher level towns you don't see any of it. Bosses are getting stronger and harder some unable to be knocked down or stunned and can juggle you or block your attacks with mighty precise timing. Difficulty and length of stages are increasing, the game is definitely getting better.

Reaperess: "You die here (article)!"

As always comments are welcome, please keep it civil thanks!

Post #483915
Posted 9/14/2012 3:13:21 PM
Supreme Member

Hell Burst Scythe -> Death Charge -> Bone Shatter -> Grim Crash -> Venom Strike -> Condemning Assault -> W+Q -> Blade Cyclone -> Jagged Wound, Viper's Landing, Death Vortex.

In terms of input it goes like this, where L = Left Click; R = Right Click; W = move forward, S = move backward,

1, 2, 3-L-L-L, R-R-R, 4, C-L-W+L-L, W+Q, E, V, E, W+S

C9 - Reaperess Gameplay Unedited Raw game footage.

http://youtu.be/I7Xph2mW7NU

Post #483924
Posted 9/14/2012 6:58:00 PM

Last Login: 10/24/2012 9:59:06 PM
Thanks, but what's the skill build?
Post #484150
Posted 9/14/2012 11:36:58 PM

Last Login: 9/22/2012 5:24:59 AM

Can anyone tell me what's the primary attribute of a reaper?

Post #484382
Posted 9/15/2012 1:59:50 AM
Supreme Member

VaughnNgo (9/14/2012)

Can anyone tell me what's the primary attribute of a reaper?

STR

Post #484544

Reading This Topic

Your Time Global Server Time