Good evening Veterans,
As you know, Arctic Combat is still in its early stages. As such, we can expect a lot of bugs to appear, and a lot to get fixed. This is the nature of the testing environment, and without your feedback posts, we won't be able to fix the problems. Thank you to everyone who is posting informative threads with their problems.
I'm including a basic checklist for helping to prevent any unexpected errors to appear.
1. Ensure the latest version is downloaded, and ensure the download was not interrupted.
2. Extract the game with 7zip, WinRAR, or any other ZIP program you may use. Make sure this is done successfully, and uninterrupted.
3. Install the game, as per normal. If you need to run in Administrator Mode, or Compatibility Mode, ensure you have the appropriate checkboxes selected.
4. Download the Webzen Launcher Extension file. This will allow 32bit and 64bit Windows users to launch the game through Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Internet Explorer.
5. Check your graphics drivers, and update them to their latest versions if required. Check Windows Update for any updates that are system critical, and download them too if required.
6. When you launch the game via the browser, and the server selection window appears, click "File Checking". This allows the client to validate all the files and to redownload any missing or corrupted files.
7. IF REQUIRED, disable your Windows Firewall and AntiVirus. This has caused issues with launching the game.
8. IF REQUIRED, restart your PC before entering the game, so the registry can save the key files to the system, allowing for uncorrupted gameplay.
9. If your game receives a General Protection Fault, Disconnected From Login Server, or a similar crash, and it may be network related, try downloading ComboFix and run it, and then Run>cmd>ipconfig /flushdns (Courtesy of Ezgap). This method is not approved, but users have reported that it is successful for a temporary solution.
1. If you are getting any HackShield errors, go to the Arctic Combat's HackShield folder (C/Webzen/ArcticCombat/HShield). Open the 'Update' folder and run as adimistrator the 'autoup' application. You have to update the two both versions, one by one. After that, go back to the HackShield's folder and run as administrator the 'HSUpdate' application. (Courtesy of SGM JaFT88)
2. Sometimes your AntiVirus will collide with HackShield. Either add an exception via your AV for HS, or disable your AV. (I discovered this in the first CBT)
Guides for In-Game performance:
1. For in-game graphical performance, go to C:\Webzen\ArcticCombat\System and open the Properties of the Arctic Combat application. Go to the Compatibility tab and then mark the Launch as Administrator option. Optionally mark too Disable Visual Styles and Disable Desktop Composition. (Courtesy of SGM DutyX and SGM JaFT88)
2. If you are having a black screen, lower your resolution or some graphical settings in the Advanced options. This will help with performance and eliminating the black screen. I found that having Textures down by one setting will stop Black Screens of Death.
3. For Windows Vista and Windows 7, and for users with low-end PC's and laptops, disable the Visual Styles for Windows itself. Set it to Classic Mode, this will make the OS look like Windows 2000, but it frees up system resources.
4. Players who receive the Error Code 253 can avoid this by using a WEBZEN.com account that has 16 or less characters. 17 or more characters cannot be used to access the client. (Courtesy of (GM)FourTen)
5. Players who cannot start a game due to Error 738 must shorten the room name to 16 characters or less. 17 and more will not allow the hosts to connect to the server. This doesn't work all the time, and the other two methods are restarting the client and changing from NA West to East, Europe West to East, and vice-versa. (Courtesy of (GM)Nina, (SGM)JaFT88, and myself (SGM)VraalAU)
These are to be considered as temporary fixes, as the methods will not work for everybody. Failing all the above, submit a ticket to the GM's, they will investigate the issue immediately.
EDITED: ADDED RELEVANT INFORMATION TO THE ORIGINAL POST.